Friday, September 21, 2012

15 Week Bumpdate


HOW FAR ALONG:
15 Weeks

HOW BIG IS THE BABY:
Baby is the size of a navel orange!  The average fetus at 15 weeks weighs 2.5 ounces and measures 4 inches -- and his proportions are becoming even more normal, since his legs now out measure his arms.  Via- thebump.com.
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN:
About 7 pounds.  I’m not 100% sure though because I don’t weigh myself every day.

SLEEP:
This week sleep has been pretty good.  I still feel well-rested but I am getting up 2-3 times during the night to tinkle!  I have noticed I’ve been in the bathroom a lot more this week than I have been in previous weeks.

BEST MOMENT OF THE LAST WEEK:
This past weekend I went home to North Ridgeville for the wedding shower of one of my best friends, Serena!  We had so much fun at the shower, and continued the party at Spencer's house that evening.
Hannah, Kelly, Ashley, Serena (the beautiful bride-to-be), Stephanie and I at the shower (photo courtesy of Kelly)
My Mom, Serena, and I
From top center, clockwise:  Spencer, Kelly, Kyle, Ashley, Serena, and I (photo courtesy of Kelly)
From left:  Kelly, Chad, Ashley, Kyle, Renee, Serena, Mark, me, Spencer (photo courtesy of Spencer)
I cooked two meals this week, cleaned the house, and got caught up on laundry.  It’s been a great feeling to have motivation and energy to regain some semblance of (my kind of) order in my house.  Mark has been amazing with picking up where I have been slacking, but nothing compares to doing it “my own way!” Also I bought a Dyson Ball Vacuum!  It’s something I’ve been wanting for a while now.  I ordered it online and should receive it sometime next week.

FOOD CRAVINGS:
Nothing has been as strong as the BLT cravings I had a few weeks ago.  At one point, I was up to 5 BLTs in 48 hours.  Wish I was joking.  I thought a PB and J sounded good earlier this week at the grocery store so I bought extra bread and grape jelly.  I’ve had a couple this week and they’ve hit the spot, so I’d say PB and Js are this week’s craving.

FOOD AVERSIONS:
Still big Chef Salads… I miss having big salads for dinner.  I used to have them three or more nights a week.  Since the beginning of this pregnancy the idea of a large salad for dinner kind of grosses me out.

SYMPTOMS:
This week I am feeling pretty much like myself!  I have noticed that my range of motion has become more limited (i.e., getting out of bed, bending over).

GENDER:
We won’t find out until our November appointment, because Dr. Amato doesn’t check until after 20 weeks.  I should be about 21 weeks at the time.

WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO:
This weekend should be a lot of fun!  We’re going to Funny Bone to see Jim Norton with the Meirings tonight and we’re going to our first OSU football game tomorrow!  I have to find some time in there to bake cookies for the local Massage Envy Clinics as a “thank you” for all they did for Healing Hands for Arthritis Day this week.  If you haven’t heard of it, check it out here.

WHAT I MISS:
Wine on the deck after a long day, with my husband.  I also miss my pencil skirts, fitted tops, my face (it was narrower before this all began), and raw sushi.  I miss a lot of things!  I will say, I miss it all much less knowing my little one is just over five months away from being in our arms.  PS- What I don’t miss:  pants that button.  I’ve never been comfortable in jeans until maternity jeans.  Woo hoo!

NEXT APPOINTMENT:
Monday, October 8 at 1 PM

2 comments:

  1. I spy a baby bailey bump! :) also, I practically lived on Jimmy John's BLT's with HiC fruit punch well into my second trimester- I guess "baby b's" like their bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I love reading these. It makes me feel alittle more involved living hours away :( haha and the part about your jeans makes me laugh :) Love all 3 of you Baileys! haha

    ReplyDelete