Monday, September 24, 2012

Jim Norton & OSU

This past weekend was a great one for Rochelle and I.  It started off by going to see one of my favorite stand-up comedians at the Funny Bone in Easton.  If you're a fan of stand-up comedy, and you haven't heard of Jim Norton, it's probably because he's not for you.  He's loud, crass, very politically incorrect, mildly perverted, and very matter of fact in his point of view on the world.  I find him absolutely hilarious and he had me almost in tears throughout his entire 60 minute set.  As vulgar as he may be, the girls (Krista and Rochelle) still found him as funny as Alex and I did.  A highlight of the night was while he was on stage he booted a loud and annoying guy out of the room while exclaiming to him "Sir, I hope you get cancer of the teeth."

After the show he was outside at a table selling some of his merchandise and I got a picture taken with him and talked to him for a minute.  He was very personable and seems like a guy who truly appreciates his fans as he was taking pictures and shaking hands with everyone who was out there.

Jim Norton & I
Rochelle & I
Rochelle and I went home after the show to relax and watch a couple episodes of Dexter before bed and the OSU game on Saturday.  Side note:  The show Dexter has been a major part of our evenings during this pregnancy.  We've now completed 6 whole seasons of the show in just over a month of watching it.  Nothing like a Mom and Dad to be bonding over a show about a serial killer!

The next morning we woke up and got ready for the OSU vs. UAB game.  After a very tight parallel parking job in front of a raucous fraternity house Rochelle and I were walking to the stadium.  There was a feeling of nostalgia in both of our minds on our way walking through campus seeing all the college students "pre-gaming" and getting the day underway.....as only 18-22 year olds can.  I think we will always have that nostalgic feeling when around a college campus because we met at a college party and remember the great times we had as undergrads.  Reminiscing on our college adventures was 100% of the conversation all the way to the stadium.

Us at the game
Our tickets were in C Deck in the 41st row, which equals out to 3 rows from the top of the stadium.  It wasn't exactly the climb that a 15 week pregnant lady has in mind when going to a game.  OSU won the game and we saw some great offense and very lackluster defense from the Buckeyes.  I just don't understand how they are THAT bad at tackling.....but I guess I'd need a whole other blog post if everyone wanted to read my analysis of the game.

Panoramic View of the Stadium

Still a great view, even though it was at the top

Rochelle was very excited to see the "Best Damn Band in the Land" at halftime and she was really excited to see that the OSU alumni marching band was also on the field.  After the OSU band played their One Hit Wonders of the 80's the Alumni band took the field for a few songs.  Both bands then combined on the field and we got the chance to see four Script Ohio's facing all four areas of the stadium.  It was very impressive.


When the game was over we went back home to let the dog out and Rochelle took a little nap before we headed over to the Meiring's.  The guys and I put some dents in the beer and the bottles of rum for a couple hours while watching Notre Dame add to Michigan's already embarrassing season.  As the night went on Alex brought out the blackjack box and the 5 of us (Krista, Mitch, Rae, Roch and I) all hit nothing but bad luck against Alex as the dealer (how many times can a dealer get a four card 21?  Pretty much every time with Alex dealing).

Sunday was a day of productivity.  Rochelle baked about 4,000 cookies for various purposes and I cleaned and organized the garage while listening to the Bengals game on Grandpa's old radio.  When the game was over the sounds turned from 700 WLW to old KISS, Alice Cooper, and Led Zeppelin vinyls I've purchased since fixing the phonograph player.

As the day winded down we ate dinner and finished up season 6 of Dexter before bed.  Hope you all had a great weekend!


Mark

1 comment:

  1. Hi loves! Finally checking out the blog...so cute:) It took me a few minutes to figure out where the dash went in the address...phew, I found ya:) I'll try to check back once a week or so and read up! SO excited for you both!

    XO, Krista

    PS-SO glad we got to hang out TWICE in one weekend...lets make that happen more:):):)

    ReplyDelete