Tuesday, October 9, 2012

17 Week Bumpdate



HOW FAR ALONG:
17 Weeks (keeping with the behind trend of last week I guess!)

HOW BIG IS THE BABY:
Baby's now the size of an onion!  Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints. (via thebump.com) 
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN:
Well, the doc weighed in and so did I.  I'm a couple of pounds heavier than I should be (I've gained about 12 since the beginning of pregnancy... I'll have a few a few more than to lose at the end if we count what I put on during my 2 vacations in the month prior to conceiving, boo!).  But this could have really had to do with the fact that I was wearing wedge boots and the doctor said "I'll buy that".  So... we'll just say that and I'll work out more and eat less sweets and hope next month is better :).

SLEEP:
Sleep is pretty good. Getting up about twice throughout the night.  I need to buy the maternity pillow still!  I'm eyeing this one (click to view on Amazon.com):
Today's Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow
BEST MOMENT OF THE LAST WEEK:
Doctor's appointment!  We heard our little one's heart beating and it was a wonderful sound. The rate was 152 bpm.  Some say that a higher rate like that points to a girl but I think that's just an Old Wives Tale!  We set our next appointment, where we'll find out the gender of Baby B for November 5 at 1:30 PM.  I.Can't.WAIT.  

FOOD CRAVINGS:
Just water. I am thirsty all the time.

FOOD AVERSIONS:
None.

SYMPTOMS:
I started wheezing but the doctor says that could have to do with allergies, and that it's nothing to be worried about.  Additionally, I started to get this yucky pain in my right rib.  Dr. Amato explained it as a problem us shorter ladies have to deal with.  Basically, with everything growing in my body and shifting up, it's pushing on my ribs.  They're attached by cartilage so they can be moved out to the sides a little bit, but it can be slightly painful.  I will probably have this pain for the rest of my pregnancy unfortunately.  My ribs are apparently in the way so the rest of my body is "pushing" them aside. Ow!

Most exciting:  I've been feeling lots of movement!  It feels like muscle twitches and nudges.  It is such a wonderful feeling.  The baby seems to be most active after a sweet snack or ice cold water.  There have been a couple of times where it's pretty noticeable, so I'm trying to catch those times and have Mark feel.  The doctor said he could definitely feel something from the outside but it would just be little and also feel like a muscle twitch.  It is so reassuring to feel him or her moving and knowing he or she is healthy and strong!

GENDER:
Only 3 weeks and 6 days until we find out :) :).

WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO:
Tomorrow morning, Mark and I are jetting off to San Francisco then to a small town called Fiddletown in California, for Serena's wedding.  We're spending Wednesday and Thursday morning in San Francisco and then meeting up with Spencer, Zac, Stephanie, Kelly, Abbey and Mike and we're all driving the 2+ hours first to Napa Valley (the fact that I'm missing out on Wine Tasting in Napa is truly something I'm bummed about) and then to Fiddletown.  We're staying in little cabins and the wedding festivities begin Friday at noon.  We fly home Sunday.

WHAT I MISS:
Wine. Again.

NEXT APPOINTMENT:
Monday, November 5, at 1:30 PM.

3 comments:

  1. 1) Love you Rooms!
    2) I marked my calendar and you better believe I'll be blowing your phone up on November 5th :)
    3) I am jealous you two are in San Fran and sad for you that you'll be missing the wine - that would be what I would miss most too. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg the rib pain is the worst! and unfortunately once your baby bump gets bigger it will hurt anytime you're sitting down making desk jobs actually painful. Mine started at about 20 weeks and is still here at 34 weeks. So trust me I feel your pain, literally. So happy to see that baby bump growing and that you're feeling so much movement :) have fun in san fran! see ya when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally!!! You are starting to look pregnant! So excited for you and can't wait to hear the news on Nov 5th. You are welcome to come over anytime, lets plan something soon, so we can catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete