Monday, December 10, 2012

26 Week Bumpdate






HOW FAR ALONG:
26 Weeks

HOW BIG IS THE BABY:
She's still growing in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range, and developing her senses, features and talents!  Her eyes are forming, and will soon start to open.  And her eyelashes are now grown, too.  She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up Mama's antibodies.  She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice. (via thebump.com) 
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN:
16 pounds give or take, depending on the meal.  November was a tough month for me with stress, Thanksgiving, etc... and I didn't control my eating habits as much as I should have.  For the past week or so I've been watching what I eat and being more active and can definitely tell the difference.  My weakness- cookies!  I love them.

SLEEP:
Really cannot complain about sleep yet at all. I need to buy a maternity pillow because I keep waking up on my back (will probably do that this week).  I go to bed around 11, wake up around 1 and 3 to go potty and then up again at about 6:45 for the day (although... I lay in bed lazy before getting out of bed for a little longer than I should).  

BEST MOMENT OF THE LAST WEEK:
We had a doctor's appointment last Monday and heard our sweetie's heart beating.  The heartbeat was at 150 again.  She's stayed very consistent!  

FOOD CRAVINGS:
I am the Cookie Monster!

FOOD AVERSIONS:
None.

SYMPTOMS:
There isn't much to complain about!  It's all pretty standard stuff that I expected when I signed up for this gig.  Here's what's new since the last bumpdate post:

  • TONS of movement- Mark, my Mom, Michelle, My Grandma, Mary Jo, my niece Jocelyn and Krista have all been able to feel my little girl rolling and kicking in there.  She is most active around mid-morning while I am sitting at my desk chair.  I tend not to notice her movements as much on the weekends when I am up and moving around.  She also slows down in the evenings, which makes it a challenge for Mark to feel her to her full kicking potential.  
  • Frequent bathroom breaks
  • Standing/walking limited to about 2-3 hours before back pain and discomfort set in; this is making Christmas shopping difficult!
  • Beginning evidence of a healthy milk supply- a little freaky at first; I'll spare you the details but it is nice to know that it is completely normal and actually a good sign (especially since I have my heart set on nursing)!
  • Itchy Belly- As baby girl grows at a faster rate, my skin is starting to stretch and it's causing my belly to itch, especially around my belly button (which, yes, is starting to show itself).  My skin looks a little discolored around my belly button too, which leads me to believe I probably won't escape stretch marks like I hoped.  I slather myself with bio oil and cocoa butter 2x per day so I hope that keeps them at bay.  Might need to start applying 3x per day!
  • Nausea in the mornings- again.  It's not every morning but it happens a few times a week lately.  Boo.
  • Backne- vomit.  I am seriously beyond sick of the breakout on my back.  It's constant.  I wash my back twice a day with a scrub, keep it super clean... I just don't get it.  I know...It's the hormones.  I am trying to just accept it and be grateful I can cover it up with a scarf since it's winter.  Thankfully, it hasn't affected my face too much :).  

GENDER:
GIRL!

WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO:
We're seeing Christmas Vacation at Movie Tavern tomorrow night with Alex & Krista.  Our friend Zac is coming through Columbus on Friday night on his way home from South Carolina and is stopping to have dinner with us. Saturday we're headed to Dayton to see Mark's Dad (keep him in your prayers this week- he's having his knee replaced on Wednesday).  I hope to get a bit more Christmas shopping done too.

WHAT I MISS:
I miss being able to move gracefully.  Also, I miss having really hard workouts at the gym.  It feels like I'll never be back to normal again, but I know that's not the case.

NEXT APPOINTMENT:
December 27th at 1:30 PM.

2 comments:

  1. A HEAD OF LETTUCE?! Crazy how fast they grow:) Love the pic with the tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy!! updates :) such a cute picture! Prayers for Marks' Dad - hope all went well :) Love you all! <3

    ReplyDelete