HOW FAR ALONG:
27 Weeks
HOW BIG IS THE BABY:
Baby girl is the size of a rutabaga! At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, she's not just getting bigger, she's getting smarter. She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs. And, it's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And her brain will keep on getting more complex. (via thebump.com)
Not weighing myself till next week :)
SLEEP:
Sleep is still good. Either she sleeps at night like I do (because I never wake up to kicks, jabs, etc.), or I am way too tired each night to notice.
BEST MOMENT OF THE LAST WEEK:
The house is nice & clean for the holidays, leaving us with just a little bit more shopping to do and all the wrapping. I am happy!
Wednesday night I had a holiday dinner to attend with the Women's Guild of the Arthritis Foundation. This is a group of about 20 ladies who raise money for the Arthritis Foundation by putting on a Style Show & a Garage Sale each year. I am assigned as their staff liaison and absolutely LOVE working with them. It's like having 20 moms & aunts! They out-did themselves once again by having a surprise shower for me at the end of the dinner party. They gave us such wonderful items for the baby including gorgeous clothes, a Moby Wrap, books, stuffed animals, a diaper genie, pacifiers, and much more! I was so overwhelmed with gratitude, it brought me to tears.
Friday night our good friend Zac came through Columbus from Ft. Bragg, on his way back home to Cleveland. He had dinner with us and stayed the night. We had a great time laughing & catching up. We don't get to see him that often now that he is out of college and a nurse in the Army, so it's always very exciting when we can get together!
Wednesday night I had a holiday dinner to attend with the Women's Guild of the Arthritis Foundation. This is a group of about 20 ladies who raise money for the Arthritis Foundation by putting on a Style Show & a Garage Sale each year. I am assigned as their staff liaison and absolutely LOVE working with them. It's like having 20 moms & aunts! They out-did themselves once again by having a surprise shower for me at the end of the dinner party. They gave us such wonderful items for the baby including gorgeous clothes, a Moby Wrap, books, stuffed animals, a diaper genie, pacifiers, and much more! I was so overwhelmed with gratitude, it brought me to tears.
Friday night our good friend Zac came through Columbus from Ft. Bragg, on his way back home to Cleveland. He had dinner with us and stayed the night. We had a great time laughing & catching up. We don't get to see him that often now that he is out of college and a nurse in the Army, so it's always very exciting when we can get together!
Sweets.
FOOD AVERSIONS:
None.
SYMPTOMS:
This isn't really a symptom, but the baby has definitely been moving more often and more noticeably. At any given time, Mark can put his hand on my belly and feel at least one or two movements. New this week: if I am resting my forearm across my body/belly, I can feel her little limbs pushing back and moving back & forth. It almost feels like something the size of my knuckle slowly moving from one side of my belly to the other. The other day I was actually able to feel around whatever limb it was and she left it there for a minute before quickly moving it again.
GENDER:
GIRL!
WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO:
Once I finish out this week of work, I'll be off for about 9 days which will be so nice. This coming weekend is Christmas Craziness! We have dinner for my Mom's birthday, a Christmas Party at Spencer's house, I have breakfast with my DZ ladies, and then a few of days of family time! Once we're home (on the 27th) I have a doctor's appointment for the baby (glucose test, yuck!), and then we'll have about 4 days to finish up the nursery!
WHAT I MISS:
I miss having a sense of normalcy in our lives right now. There are so many unanswered questions. I am anxious to get to about May of 2013 when we have the baby and are settled into a routine.
NEXT APPOINTMENT:
December 27th at 1:00 PM.

No comments:
Post a Comment