Monday, January 7, 2013

30 Week Bumpdate



A bumpdate catch up!  With the craziness of the holidays I slacked quite a bit on baby updates but I'm back- and typing on my NEW HP ProBook! I could not be happier with it.  My step-dad got it for us for Christmas and it is absolutely perfect.  I was really feeling like I needed a new, up-to-date computer to store all of the upcoming baby pictures, videos, and to do work from at home (well... bill-paying, Pinterest, Facebooking... important things like that)!  

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  Mark and I were truly blessed and enjoyed our last Christmas as a family of three (us plus Coach).  We received lots of fun stuff for the baby, as well as money, gift cards, a luggage set, movies, candy, clothes, and more!  So spoiled!  

For the couple of weeks we were off of work, I was feeling pretty much the same as I had described in previous posts.  I was thinking- "oh- all those people who say things change as soon as you hit the third trimester were just unlucky.  I feel great!"  Boy, I got a little cocky!  As soon as I hit 30 weeks the discomfort started to set in.  Read more to hear all about the joys of being 30 weeks pregnant :).  

HOW FAR ALONG:
30 Weeks

HOW BIG IS THE BABY:
Baby Girl is the size of a cucumber!  Our 15.2- to 16.7-inch, 2.5- to 3.8-pound baby continues to grow.  Her skin is getting smoother but her brain is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue.  She's now strong enough to grasp a finger!  (via thebump.com) 
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN:
About 22 pounds.

SLEEP:
Even though I am starting to get uncomfortable, I am still blessed with good sleep.  When I'm out, I'm out.  Her moving doesn't wake me up at all.  I get up maybe two times throughout the night to go potty but other than that I stay asleep.  Amanda over at Everyday B and B loaned me her LeachCo Back & Belly pillow for the duration of my pregnancy.  Let me tell you something right now.  If you are pregnant you need this.  I will be purchasing this the MOMENT I find out I'm pregnant with my second (like... 2.5  years down the road).  It is a nest of goodness and supports my back and belly in all the right places.  I posted a picture of it in a previous post as something I had planned to buy myself, but never bought it because I was still sleeping well.  I didn't know what I was missing!  This has truly been an instant relief to my back and hip pain the minute I lay in it.

Also, snoring.  Let's talk about that for a minute.  Poor Mark has been on the couch for the past week and a half because I'm snoring so loudly throughout the night.  I feel so awful about it and have tried everything including Breathe Right strips, hot showers before bed, and Claritin.  The only thing I haven't tried is a vaporizer.  I am praying that my poor nose goes back to normal post-baby because I feel so sad every time I open my eyes and my husband isn't next to me :(.

BEST MOMENT OF THE LAST (Past Few) WEEK(s):
We've had a lot of great moments!  The time we took off for Christmas was wonderful.  The weekend before Christmas we went to North Ridgeville.  We had a really nice time celebrating my Mom's birthday at Mulligan's then going to a family friend's house & also Spencer's house for a couple of holiday parties.

We saw my cousin Nati who is also having a girl.  She is being induced THURSDAY! 
Stephanie, Me, Abbey & Kelly at Spencer's
After having Christmas Eve breakfast with my family, we made our way back to Columbus for dinner with my Dad & Julie and to spend the night in our house.  We woke up Christmas morning to open presents between the two of us and head to Dayton for the Bailey Christmas Party and then the Robbins Christmas Party.  Whew! We stayed in Dayton for the big snowstorm and headed back to Columbus that Thursday for a baby doctor appointment.  Our visit with Mark's parents was wonderful.

Our baby appointment on Thursday was good!  I got my glucose test and the doctor told me how the baby was positioned (diagonal- with her head near my right hip and her butt near my left ribs).  She is moving all around still but I am happy to report she feels to be staying head down at least!  That appointment was the last of my monthly appointments and I will now be going every two weeks.  Weird!

We spent the rest of the weekend shopping, sleeping, going out to eat, hanging out with friends, seeing movies, and relaxing.  It was so nice!  We spent New Year's Eve with many of our Columbus Family friends (minus the Brunswicks, who were sick and the Glasses, who went out with some friends and came home ENGAGED!)  Congratulations to the future Mr. & Mrs. Glass!

The newly engaged couple!
Happy New Year!
FOOD CRAVINGS:
Sweets.  I'm trying really hard to stay away from them though and satisfy my cravings with fruit.  Don't want to round out this pregnancy by gaining too much!  I'd like to go no more than 35 pounds.

FOOD AVERSIONS:
None.

SYMPTOMS:
OH the hip pain!  I did way too much on Saturday and definitely can feel the effects.  The only bright side to this is that the baby's room is cleaned out & ready to paint, her belongings are sorted, and I have a nursery theme (Pottery Barn Kids "Ava Mod Giraffe" Print).  I should not have been on my feet all day this far along, but I was, and yesterday I felt terrible.  I was exhausted, had major cramping in my back and hips, and was walking like an old lady.  I definitely will be more careful going forward and am happy to say that today I feel much better.  Beyond that, I don't have many new symptoms.  The baby moves constantly and I feel her all over my belly, not just in one spot at a time.  She reacts when I push on her tushy and it's amazing.  I am beyond ready to meet her!

GENDER:
GIRL!

WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO:
This weekend I am getting my hair cut & curled for a night out with Mark's Unit at the Winter Fete.  It will be held at the Renaissance Hotel in Downtown Columbus.  I am bummed we'll miss out on the opportunity to go out in the Arena District with all of his coworkers after the dinner but hopefully we'll have a babysitter and get to indulge next year!  I am excited to get dressed up and stand next to my handsome hubby in his uniform.  Pics to come! 

WHAT I MISS:
Working out hard, painless hips, wine nights with my friends, happy hours with my husband, sleeping through the whole night, paints with buttons, cute clothes... Ok March you can hurry up and get here! 

NEXT APPOINTMENT:
January 14th at 3:45 PM

I am so sorry for the long post!  I will try to be better at updating my blog going forward because we have a lot going on.  Three showers ahead, the nursery to complete, and much more!

xoxo,
Rochelle

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the bump pics gf!!! You look great:) loved the holiday low down:) Hope you are having a fab week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) Hope you're having a great week too! I want to see a bump-update from you soon, I bet after a couple of weeks you're definitely popping! :) it's about that time for you!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute bump pics! can't believe baby girl will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete